The Ganaraska Region Conservation Authority is continuing to monitor the latest COVID-19 developments and is taking precautions to keep our workplace safe for staff, visitors and partners across the watershed.
- All visitors must obtain a day pass or membership to use the forest. Note that day passes can be purchased online and printed at home, or through the self-serve kiosk at the Ganaraska Forest Centre gatehouse.
- Remember to practice social-distancing on the trails and in parking lots. A reminder that camping is not permitted on any GRCA properties.
- All GRCA buildings remain closed to the public, including the Ganaraska Forest Centre. Staff continue to operate through phone and email communications. Please see staff directory for a complete list of contact information.
Your patience, cooperation and support is appreciated during this time. Please continue to visit our website for updates. Stay safe.
Forest Regulations and Enforcement
Enforcement and public education regarding Forest Regulations and Rules of Etiquette are carried out by police, conservation officers, conservation authority staff and volunteer forest patrollers.
10 Basic Rules in the Ganaraska Forest
1. A Ganaraska Forest Day Pass or Membership is required to access the property (Forest User must present pass/membership to GRCA Rep/police upon request)
2. All parked vehicles must display a valid GRCA parking pass
3. All motorized vehicles require a valid license plate affixed to the vehicle and driver must possess proof of liability Insurance and vehicle Ownership
4. No BBQ’s, fires or incendiary devices.
5. No Alcohol or Cannabis or recreational drug use allowed on GRCA property.
6. Obey all signage
7. Stay on designated trails and do not create new trails
8. Do not cut vegetation
9. All dogs must be leashed at all times and picked up after
10. No Camping