About the Ganaraska Forest
The 12,000 acre Ganaraska Forest is one of the largest blocks of forested land in southern Ontario. Today the forest is a living example of how the principles of integrated resource management can be used to balance many different uses of forested lands on a sustainable and ecologically sound basis. The forest is home to the Ganaraska Forest Outdoor Education Centre, a weekend canteen, and public washroom and shower facilities. The area provides abundant recreational opportunities and is managed for a sustainable yield of wood products. Day passes or annual permits are required to use the forest. Office hours are 8:30 am - 4:00 pm weekdays and the Gatehouse is open for sales on weekends from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm.
- The Canteen at the Ganaraska Forest Centre will be closed until further notice.
- Did you know that the Ganaraska Forest Management Plan was being updated?
- Treetop Trekking Ganaraska
- An aerial park in the central forest, is now closed for the season. For more information, call 905-797-2000.
- Special rates for school groups participating in Ganaraska Forest Centre Outdoor Education programs!